Friday 24 October 2014

Drogba: I’m ready to save Chelsea against Man United

Didier Drogba is ready to answer Chelsea’s call in the midst of their striker crisis as they prepare to face the 20-times English champions at Old Trafford on Sunday.

The towering forward, who opened his account for the club in his second spell at the club on Tuesday against Maribor in the Champions League, says despite his own fitness troubles he will put his body on the line in the match against United.

Loic Remy and Diego Costa look like being out of the fixture – leaving Drogba as the only recognised striker in the squad.

“I still need time because I didn’t play for two or three months before coming back,” Drogba said. “Then I had an injury that kept me out for a while so I need more games. But I’m training hard to get back to full fitness.

“It is a long time since my last Chelsea goal. When I took the penalty on Tuesday I was smiling because that’s the way I left the club.

“To start scoring with a penalty again is quite symbolic. And I put it in the same place as I did in Munich [in the 2012 Champions League final].

“I’m a striker and, even if I am making assists and making space for others, it is good to score.

“It’s up to the manager to decide who is going to start on Sunday but, if you were a player, how would you feel if they said you can play at Old Trafford? You would be happy. I’m ready.”

No comments:

Post a Comment